I would like to announce that the writing challenge I had talked about in a previous post will be starting on May 1, 2014. It will run until May 15 with voting starting on May 16.
The voting period will last for two weeks ending May 30.
The author’s name and the story title will be hidden until the winner’s are announced. After the winners are announced the authors are encouraged to post on their site.
Here’s how it will work:
1. I will post a "challenge banner."
2. If you find yourself inspired, then write a story! First time authors are most welcome and encouraged. It’s as simple as that! Your story can be set within the "universe" depicted in the banner—or it could be a crossover.
3. Stories can be canon, A/U, all human, etc.
3. The story should be a one-shot (but you can certainly extend it later). There are no limitations upon length.
4. While you don’t have to use beta, be sure to submit carefully edited work. If you do use a Beta please include their name when you submit your story.
5. Submit your stories to me via email before May 14 at 11:59 p.m.
6. After the winners are announced, the authors are encouraged to post their stories to their sites.
1. This will be an anonymous public vote. So the author names and story titles will be hidden until the winners are announced.
2. Voting will begin on May 16 and will last until May 30 at 11:59 p.m.
3. Winners will be announced June 1st.
The winner for each banner will win that banner and there will be goodies for all that enter.